Lauren Has Bad News About ‘LA Candy’ Movie



It’s been nearly a year since Lauren Conrad scored a sweet deal to turn her debut novel, LA Candy, into a movie. But what’s currently happening with LC’s art-imitating-life project? Read on, BFFs!

The 24-year-old former reality starlet dropped a pretty big bombshell, announcing that she’s not even sure the movie will be made! “We haven’t officially decided on doing a movie,” she confided to Hollywood Life exclusively at Hurley’s Walk the Walk event at the U.S. Open of Surfing in Huntington Beach, Calif. August 6. “It was originally supposed to be a TV series, then we talked about doing a movie, so we are in between. We haven’t decided if we are sure on anything.”

But if the film DOES happen, Lauren does want to be involved in the casting process. “I mean, I call it [being] involved – I don’t call it being a control freak. The books took me a year and a half to write; I have lived the life for six years, so it’s something I am very attached to. I want to make sure it’s done right! It is something I want to be involved in every step of the way,” she told us.

If the flick comes to fruition, one thing you’ll never see is Lauren playing herself (the book recalls her experience filming The Hills as Jane Roberts, a girl who moves to Los Angeles to film a reality show). “[I'd never cast myself] because I’m an awful actress,” she confessed. “I took acting classes for several months a few years ago and I just wasn’t good at it. I don’t enjoy it. I think there are so many people that have worked their whole lives and are so talented that it would be a waste to take that place myself.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...